The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.
Jesus was a revolutionary. At every turn, He was challenging the status quo- from political ideals to religious strongholds. Not only did He come to offer forgiveness and salvation, but He offered a “New Way”!
As a matter of fact, before Christianity was known as “Christianity”, it was called “The Way”. (How cool is that?!)
This new “Way” still challenges us today:
- Be last when everyone is fighting for first.
- Give money when it doesn’t make sense.
- Don’t just love your friends; love your enemies as well
- Look out for #1… but YOU are NOT #1!
- Forgive when its easier to hate.
- Be creative rather than irrelevant.