The foundation of the Phosphorus Project is, well, phosphorus! So, what is phosphorus? What is so special about this word that I would dedicate my entire life to its meaning? What is the one thing that drives me to create an entire tribe around “phosphorus”?
Well, there isn’t one thing, there’s three. Three aspects of phosphorus work together to form the entire purpose and vision of the Phosphorus Project.
Here are the three aspects of phosphorus:
1. The uses of phosphorus. From Google: Used in the manufacture of safety matches (red phosphorus), pyrotechnics and incendiary shells.
2. The origin of phosphorus. phōsphoros. From Greek, phōs (light) plus pherein (to carry or bring). Literally, light bringer or light bearer.
3. The metaphor of phosphorus. Ok, this is the coolest part! The Greek term, phōsphoros, is only used one place in the Bible. It shows up in 2 Peter 1:19:
“We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.” -2 Peter 1:19
In the original language, the Greek word used here for “morning star” is, you guessed it, phosphorus. The only time the word is mentioned in the entire Bible and it is right here, in 2 Peter. But what is the morning star? Jesus! So, get this… Phosphorus is used only one time in the whole Bible, and when it’s used, it is a metaphor for Jesus!
So, what does all this mean?
Ok, let’s put this together. These three aspects of the word phosphorus are a perfect reflection of the vision and purpose of the Phosphorus Project. Here’s how:
1. Our mission. The goal of Phosphorus Project is to ignite your faith and creativity, and allow you to discover your true purpose in this world. Think of a match when it first hits the strike pad- the phosphorus ignites and a small spark catches fire. This is the picture I see of the Phosphorus Project acting in the lives of its members!
2. Our vision. As our faith, creativity, and purpose are ignited, my prayer is that each of us would be light bearers. This is the hallmark of the Phosphorus Tribe… Be bringers of light!
3. Our foundation. There are many things in this world that can brighten our day. But the Phosphorus Project is built on the idea that the greatest light that we can bear is the Light, Jesus.
Let us find those that are stumbling around in the dark and ignite their lives by offering the hope of the one true Light, Jesus Christ!
Will you join me?
Get my new book for FREE!
My brand new Christmas devotional, 12 Days of Christmas launches THIS WEEK! And I want you to have it for FREE. Leave your name and email and I'll send you a reminder when the book is available.